Access Health is a community sponsored multi-share program providing innovative health and coverage solutions that drive affordable and high quality care experiences for optimal health. Since 1999 the organization has provided an affordable plan for low-income individuals and their families in the Muskegon area with limited access to health care coverage. The unique C3 Health plan has been approved by the US Department of Health and Human Services as providing Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC), meaning members are in compliance with the individual mandate for the duration of time they are covered by C3 Health.
Who is Eligible for C3 Health?
To further the goal of providing robust, affordable health coverage to those who need it the most, C3 Health enrollment is subject to eligibility criteria. The best way to assess eligibility is to contact Access Health at (231) 728-5180. General eligibility guidelines are as follows:
- Individuals must live or work in the Greater Muskegon area
- Individuals must not be eligible to receive health care coverage, either directly or as a dependent, through any other source (including Medicaid, Medicare, and employer-sponsored coverage), with the exception of Healthy Michigan and coverage available through the Health Exchange
- Individuals must have a projected annual household income between 133% to 275% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Individuals must be US Citizens or have been a Lawful Permanent Resident for a minimum of 5 years immediately preceding application for C3 Health. Enrollment in the C3 Health program does not make you a “public charge” and will not impact your chances of becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident or a US Citizen
- Participation must be supported by a participating Local Business Partner