Quick Tips To Keep a Healthy Kitchen
According to the Harvard School of Public Health, there are five essential components to a healthy diet. These include: produce, grains, protein, fats, oils, and other essentials.
- Produce: Eat vegetables and fruit grown locally whenever possible. Include a variety of colors in your produce. Make sure to have a variety of fruit and vegetables because not one fruit or vegetable can provide you all the nutrients you need. Go to your local farmers market! http://www.muskegonfarmersmarket.com
- Grains: Include whole grains in your diet such as bulgur, oat berries, barely, brown rice, quinoa.
- Protein: Fresh fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, tofu, beans and nuts are healthy proteins to include in your diet.
- Fats and oils: Canola, sunflower, corn, soybean, peanut, and olive oil are good for sautéing your vegetables or proteins. Bad oils include: palm and coconut oil.
- Other essentials: Make sure your kitchen always contains basics like herbs and a variety of protein packed snacks.
To find out more detailed information, visit the Harvard School of Public Health Website.